Golden Blue Lotus Tara
- Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Center (Spiritual Leader: Ven. Zasep Tulku Rinpoche)
Buddhadharma Meditation Center
- Chicago. Details include address, activities and an introduction to the group.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/Illinois/Pure Land and Shin
- Mixed practice of Zen, Theravada, Pure Land
Buddhist Temple of Chicago
- The Buddhist Temple of Chicago (BTC) was founded by Rev. Gyomay M. Kubose on the South Side of Chicago as the Chicago Buddhist Church in October of 1944 as a non-sectarian temple with a new direction--the way of Oneness, a non-dualistic approach to Buddhism.
Great Plains Zen Center, Subtle Mind Temple
- Myoyu Andersen Sensei, spiritual director.
Zen Buddhist Temple
- Buddhist Society for Compassionate Wisdom
Chicago Zen Center
- The Chicago Zen Center has been offering genuine Zen practice and training since 1972, providing a structured environment for meditation, retreats and ceremonies. We started out as an affiliate of one of the major Zen training centers in the United States, the Rochester Zen Center located in Rochester, NY. founded by Philip Kapleau.
Sangamon River Zen Center
- Soto Zen.
Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Buddhist Monastery
- Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling is a monastery in the Gelugpa tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, located in Bloomington, Indiana, USA.
Dromtonpa Buddhist Center
- Bloomington, IN center. Founded in 1998 by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso as a non-profit organization and member of the New Kadampa Tradition.
Tibetan Cultural Center
- The Tibetan Cultural Center, located on a 90-acre site in Bloomington, Indiana, grew out of an active university and community involvement with Tibetan culture. It was established not only to acquaint people with the history and culture of Tibet, but also to support Tibetans everywhere, both in Tibet and in exile, and to preserve Tibetan culture through educational and philosophical endeavors.
Zen Center of Bloomington
- community of Zen Buddhist practitioners under the spiritual direction of Myoyu Andersen Sensei, a Dharma successor of Taizan Maezumi Roshi.
Kunzang Palyul Choling
- Tibetan Buddhist temple in Poolesville, MD, outside Washington, DC. Belongs to Palyul lineage of the Nyingma School. Seat in the West of HH the Third Drubwang Penor Rinpoche, Throneholder of Palyul Monastery and Supreme Head of the Nyingmapa. Spiritual director is Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo, first Western woman recognized and enthroned as a tulku (reincarnate lama).
Dae Do Sah "Temple of the Great Way"
- Kwan Um School.
Mindfulness Practice Center of Fairfax
- Mindfulness Practice in the Tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh
Kurukulla Center for Tibetan Buddhist Studies -
- The Kurukulla Center, a member of FPMT,was established in 1989 by Lama Zopa Rinpoche to provide Dharma teachings in the Gelug tradition for people in the Boston area.
Rangrig Yeshe Center
- Stockbridge, MA
Tam Quang Temple
- Tam Quang is a Buddhist temple in Bradley, Mich. with both English and Vietnamese language groups.
- Jewel Heart is a spiritual, cultural, and humanitarian organization that translates the ancient wisdom of Tibetan Buddhism into contemporary life. Located in Ann Arbor.
Great Lakes Buddhist Vihara Michigan
- Sri Lankan Buddhist Temple. Provides meditation classes, Dhamma classes and spiritiual help for Buddhists and non-Buddhists.
The Columbia Zen Center
- All-day meditation retreats are held every six to eight weeks, and longer retreats (sesshin) are offered once or twice a year.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/New Jersey
Cinnaminson: Jizo-an Monastery
- About Jizo-An, Jizo-An Programs, Program Catalog, Join Jizo-An, Our Weekly Schedule, Questions for a Zen Master...
- Meets weekly for zazen, kinhin, sutra chanting and periodical dokusan with Kobutsu Malone Sensei, an ordained Rinzai Zen priest.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/New York
Upstate New York Guide to Buddhism
- Site includes Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana groups. Posting of weekly meditation gatherings, up-to-date calendar of events, and great dharma links.
New York City: Friends of the Western Buddhist Order
- Part of the FWBO network of communities, meditation centers and other institutions dedicated to bringing the spirit of Buddhism to the West. The FWBO was founded by an English Buddhist, Sangharakshita who spent many years studying Buddhism in India, before returning to the West.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/New York/Tibetan
Kagyu Thubten Choling
- Kyabje Dorje Chang Kalu Rinpoche's retreat center in New York State. The Venerable Lama Norlha, a fully trained meditation master in the tradition of the Kagyu Lineage, guides a community of practitioners in integrating the authentic practice of Tibetan Buddhism with every day living. Wappingers Falls, NY
Chakrasambara Buddhist Center
- The Chakrasambara Buddhist Center serves the New York metropolitan area with the meditation and study programs of Kadampa Buddhism, and is currently located in a beautiful house in Brooklyn, with a peaceful meditation room and garden. It is easily accessible by subway. Meditation and study programs are also offered in Manhattan and Westchester.
Palyul Retreat Center
- The Palyul Retreat Center located near the town of McDonough in New York State.
Namgyal Monastery Online
- In 1575 Sonam Gyatso, the Third Dalai Lama, officially founded a monastery, which later came to be known as Namgyal Dratsang (Victorious Monastery). In 1992, Namgyal Monastery began an important new chapter in the history of Buddhism and Tibetan culture in America. Monks from the monastery travelled from Dharamsala, India to Ithaca, New York to establish an actual branch of Namgyal Monastery in North America.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/New York/Zen
Mt. Tremper: Zen Mountain Monastery
- An American Zen Buddhist monastery and training center for monastics and lay practitioners. Each month an introductory weekend of Zen training is offered, as well as a week-long silent intensive meditation retreat (sesshin.) Throughout the year, the regular daily schedule is supplemented with retreats in the Zen arts, martial arts, Buddhist studies, and other areas thought to be relevant and supportive to practitioners.
Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhsit Association
- Chinese Ch'an Buddhism.
Pine Hill Zendo
- Trains individuals in the Rinzai Zen tradition of Buddhism as it was brought to the US by Soen Nakagawa Roshi and Eido Shimano Roshi of the Zen Studies Society.
Ch'an Meditation Center
- The Ch'an Meditation Center and Institute of Chung-Hwa Buddhist Culture is a division of Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Association. It is a place of serenity and self-cultivation, located in Elmhurst, Queens, a multicultural neighborhood in New York City.
Chogye International Zen Center
- founded in 1975. Kwan Um School of Zen.
New York: Village Zendo
Zen Center of New York City
- The city branch of Zen Mountain Monastery under the direction of ZMM vice-abbess Bonnie Myotai Treace Sensei is dedicated to supporting lay practice for both beginning and experienced practitioners. ZCNYC holds six days of meditation a week, offers lecture series, retreats in related disciplines, and a one-day meditation intensive each month
New York: Zendo Shobo-ji
Rochester Zen Center
- Information about Zen meditation and how it is practiced at the Rochester Zen Center.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/North Carolina/Tibetan
- For the Practice of Tibetan Buddhism in the Gelugpa Tradition. Raleigh, North Carolina
KTD--Greenville Karma Thegsum Choling
- Greenville (North Carolina) Karma Thegsum Choling is a Karma Kagyu Buddhist Meditation Center of His Holiness the Seventeenth Gyalwa Karmapa, Ugyen Trinley Dorje, and a direct affiliate of Karma Triyana Dharmachakra, the Seat of His Holiness Karmapa in North America.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/North Carolina/Zen
Chapel Hill: Chapel Hill Zen Center
- An American Soto Zen Buddhist Meditation group affiliated with the San Francisco Zen Center. Pat Taitaku Phelan, priest.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/Ohio/Pure Land and Shin
Cloud Water Zendo
- Practices a combination of Pure Land and Ch'an Buddhism.
Zen Community of Oregon
- affiliated with Zen Mountain Center and the teachings of Maezumi Roshi.
Lansdowne: Giac Lam Temple
- Vietnamese Buddhist temple.
Pittsburg, Buddhist Society of Pittsburgh
Philadelphia Meditation Center
- Buddhist vipassana and Tibetal Dzogchen meditation, retreats and pilgrimages in Tibet and Nepal, workshops and travel.
The Philadelphia Meditation Center
- PMC offers regular silent sitting, weekend retreats and retreats and travel to Tibet and Nepal with mediation teachers, yoga teachers and a Tibetologist guide.
Providence Zen Center
Texas Buddhist Association, Jade Buddha Temple
- Chinese Mahayana.
Vietnam Buddhist Center
- Vietnam Buddhist News Center,Tu Bi Foundation Current Activities. etc
Continent/North America/U.S.A/Texas/Pure Land and Shin
Dallas Buddhist Association
- Taiwanese Pure Land Buddhsim
Chenrezig Himalayan Cultural Center of El Paso
- The Center's main purpose is to bring awareness to the people of the community; to help them become friendlier, more caring, understanding and loving; and to help form them into a human family on this planet.
- Center that strives to provide traditional Buddhist teachings, primarily in the Tibetan tradition, in a manner accessible to contemporary Americans. Houston, Texas.
Houston Shambhala Meditation Center
- The Houston Shambhala Meditation Center offers meditation instruction and group practice, supporting the paths of Shambhala Training and Vajrayana Buddhism, as taught to western students by Ch?yam Trungpa Rinpoche and Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche
Shambhala Meditation Group of Tucson
- The Shambhala Meditation Group of Tucson, Arizona offers secular meditation training.
Vajradakini Buddhist Center
- A spiritual center for buddhists, tibetan buddhists, meditators, spiritual seekers, dharma practitioners, and those who are looking for a community in north Texas.
Austin Zen Center
Dallas: Maria Kannon Zen Center
Zen Center Utah - Kanzeon Sangha - White Plum Sangha -
- Info on teachers, children's classes, calendar of events, affiliates, more.
Shelburne: Vermont Zen Center
- founded in 1988 by Sensei Sunyana Graef.
Carrollton: Wat Pasantidhamma
- A non-profit Buddhist center serving the Thai and Thai-American communities.
Forest Way Insight Meditation Center
- Ligmincha Institute, founded by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche in 1992, was created to preserve the Tibetan B? culture and teachings, especially the practices of dzogchen. Charlottesville VA
New River Zen Community
- Resident teachers Charles Shinkai Birx Sensei and Ellen Jikai Birx Sensei are dharma successors of Roshi Robert Jinsen Kennedy, S.J.
Still Water Zen Center
- Kwan Um School of Zen
Cloud MountainRetreat Center
- Cloud Mountain is a non-sectarian center hosting residental retreats year-round. Dedicated to providing opportunities for Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike to deepen and enrich their spiritual lives.
Columbia Basin FWBO
- The CBFWBO is a fellowship of Buddhists in Southeast Washington state who meet together for meditation, devotion, and Dharma study.
Dharma Realm Buddhist Association
- The Gold Summit Sagely Monastery is the Seattle branch of the Dhrama Realm Buddhist Association (DRBA), founded by Tripitaka Master Hsuan Hua. Here you will find pure Buddhism practised, Pureland, Ch'an (or Zen) Meditation, Precepts (or Vinaya).
Washington Buddhist Vihara
- An educational and religious organization dedicated to the presentation of Buddhist thought, practice, and culture. Theravadan tradition.
Continent/North America/U.S.A/Washington/Pure Land and Shin
Seattle Buddhist Temple
- The Seattle Betsuin is one of the few temples of the Jodo Shinshu Tradition in the United States that has a full temple compound including the main temple building, statue of Shinran Shonin, Bonsho (large bell), nokotsu-do (columbarium), and auditorium.
Tacoma Buddhist Temple
Chagdud Gonpa Amrita
- Chagdud Gonpa Amrita is one of over twenty Buddhist centers established by His Eminence Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, a meditation master of the Nyingma lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.
Dharma Friendship Foundation (DFF)
- Center in Seattle open to all, dedicated to study, meditation and practice in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Resident Teacher: Venerable Thubten Chodron. Dharma teachings, latest class schedule and more.
Vajralama Buddhist Center
- This Seattle centre is a member of the New Kadampa Tradition (NKT), founded by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The Resident Teacher is Gen-la Kelsang Jangsem. It offers Tibetan Mahayana Buddhist Dharma teachings and devotional practices in the Northwest US for the general public and the committed practitioner.
Vajrayogini Buddhist Center
- Washington meditation center offering classes to all. Center founded by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Olympia Zen Center
- a lay Soto Zen center, guided by Eido Frances Carney, Sensei, who received Dharma Transmission from Niho Tetsumei Roshi of Entsuji Temple, Japan.
Dai Bai Zan Cho Bo Zen Temple
- Rinzai Zen. Founded by Zen Master Genki Takabayashi.
Dharma Sound Zen Center
- Founded 1980 by Zen Master Seung Sahn. Kwan Um School of Zen. Locations in Seattle, Redmond, and Tacoma.
One Drop Zendo
- Rinzai temple founded in 1989, Shodo Harada Roshi, teacher.
Seattle: Three Treasures Sangha of the Pacific Northwest
- Lay Zen group affiliated with the Diamond Sangha, an independent lineage founded by Robert Aitken Roshi, a dharma heir in the Sanbo Kyodan (Harada-Yasutani-Yamada) lineage. Membership consists of Buddhists and non-Buddhists who come together to practice in a way consistent with Zen Buddhist practice.
- Practice in the spirit of Thich Nhat Hanh, and the Community of Mindful Living.
Rhinelander: Dragon Flower Ch'an Buddhist Temple
- Dragon Flower Ch'an Temple, Inc.
Lineages and Orders/Nichiren/Nichiren Shoshu
Nichiren Shoshu Reformation Priests
- Association of Youthful Priests Dedicated to the Reformation of Nichiren Shoshu
The Gateless Gate